24.2.08

Mucho Dinero

The house I have been saving up for is finally on the market….but with the housing market in such a slump, I am not sure if I will put a bid on it. It’s 18,300-square-feet and priced at a measly $6.75 million. There are nine bedrooms and 10 full bathrooms, including a huge master suite with his/her bathrooms. There's also a 2,000-square-foot attached guest apartment, a boathouse with a full kitchen, 700 feet of frontage on the river and over six acres of land. And I don’t have to worry about having to buy a boat - the house comes with a pontoon boat for those leisurely summer cruises up and down the river. My estimated mortgage payments would be $35,673 per month…for 30 years. I wonder if that includes property taxes and homeowners insurance. The commission to the realtor who sells this place is probably enough to retire.











I watched as this house was being built some years ago (completed in 1994), as my family used to picnic at the park just down the road from it. It’s situated just off a winding two lane road designated as a “scenic road”. A right turn and over the one lane iron bridge and you’re face to face with it’s gated entrance. I always wondered who owned this house. Up the river live CEO’s, Senior VP’s, and the university president and many deans, so someone I probably see on TV or the news regularly. Maybe I will go ring the doorbell and find out. Recently I’ve been riding my bike past it, always stopping to admire the boat house. That is probably what sold me on the house. I mean come on who has a boat house on a river…maybe on a lake, but a weed infested river? Now that is mucho dinero!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! the entertainment you can do on this house and boat!! lots of fun. i imagine with a house like this, it should come with its own live in staff of butler, maids, chef and maintenance people!
who is going to clean such house with so many bathrooms?