1.3.08

Funny True Story

100% true and it happened to me.

As Reserve Police Officer I'm not allowed to drive the patrol cruiser and as a result I'm always in the passenger seat when I work the road. I prefer it this way, as I responsible for grabbing the spike sticks, shotgun or rifle as I jump out of the car on a call!

I prefer working the midnight to 8a.m. shift, due to other commitments but also due to the increase in the action, so of course when it comes to lunch, that drastically limits our choices to, either packing one from home or the 24-Hour Drive-Thru at McDonalds.

One night, after working three consecutive midnight shifts and eating the same fast-food fare, the cashier noticed the fact that even though I was always with a different partner, I was always in the passenger seat.

So as she leaned out to gave us our order, looking at me she said, "Why don't they ever let you drive?"

Without skipping a beat, I responded, "Because my license is suspended...to many traffic citations!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!