20.11.08

Wrong Number.....

Wow.....been a very long time since I was here...

Somehow my work phone number is linked to some telemarketing company's phone. I don’t know how this can happen since 1. I am behind a switchboard at my company, 2. the number is unpublished, 3. the number when I call an outside number doesn't show my individual number, but some abscure number like xxx-777-7777.

Ever since I started my job I've been getting random calls. We’re talking 3 to 5 “return” calls per week. The people on the other side of the phone, think that I called them a left a message, when in reality I hardly every use my work phone to call anyone. I try to explain to these callers that I am the only one who uses this phone and that I didn’t call them or that this is a reputable company that doesn't have/need that sort of marketing. They don’t want to hear any of it…they only say, ”why does my caller ID show your number”. And with that sort of proof, how can I convince them that I didn’t call them or that no one has used my phone to call them. Unfortunately it's not that easy.

I’d rather not have to change my number, as all my business contacts have this number, the massive amout of paperwork required to change it and then the actual task of having to order new cards and stationary is more than I want to burden my admin with. So I put up with it and more likely than not, if a number in the area code where I work shows up on my display when my phone rings, I just don’t answer and let the voicemail system take over. Once they hear my voice and name, they realize they probably made a mistake and don’t leave a message. But today it went to an entirely new level…..

I went to lunch, came back and had this message on my voicemail….

Said with a heavy Hispanic accent……”Listen bro, I don’t know who the heck you are, but you gotta…you better ssstttop F****** calling here, M****F*****! Alright!! If you F****** call here again meh (man), I am going to come to F****** New Jersey, pay you a visit and beat your F****** A**!! If you don’t believe me try again M*****F*****!!!!!

I don't even live or work in NJ. I don't have any phone number connections to the state of NJ. Even though my sister lives there, she use a phone number with an area code from a different state altogheter. I have the dude’s phone number on my display. I am thinking about calling this tough guy and giving him some of his own medicine. I’m thinking of telling him, yeah this is Mike Smith (but will use my co-workers real name) and here’s my address (again using my colleagues home address)! LOL. I will then proceed to tell him you think your so tough, I am waiting for your sorry A** to get here so we can settle this like men!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* men!
Glad you're alive lol

YFA said...

LOL....we say women!

Thanks...I'm still kicking!