6.5.08

0 for 3 and We're 0-1

Our first softball game was last night...went into extra innings...well, just one extra inning, but the sun was coming down quickly.

I batted horrible, and so unlike me. I guess I must go to the batting cages this week. I had 1 SO (strike out), 1 FO (Fly Out), and 1 FC (fielder's choice) to end the 5th inning. Pathetic. But I did have a MARVELOUS catch that I tracked down like a cheetah running down it's prey. It was simply, amazing. The other team even congratulated me on it! But my efforts with the glove were not enough to push our team to victory as we fell to a record of 0-1, with the score ending up 11-10. We just didn't capitalize on our MANY opportunities. Bone-headed base running, and walking 3 straight batters.

Next Monday we'll come out and redeem ourselves. I am wearing eye-black for extra toughness!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next game, insha'allah! fun to hear of another Jordanian guy playing ball!

YFA said...

Thanks Kinzi for stopping by. ISA next week I will hit a HR! OK, OK....truthfully I would accept a base hit or even a BB. I want to make it to first base!!

Anonymous said...

you show em faf lool base hit?expectations are slowly being compromised.

YFA said...

You watch Batoul, I am swinging for the fences next week.