20.5.08

Don't call it a comeback.....

I went 2 for 2 yesterday...not a bad game for me considering how pathetic I've played last two times on the softball diamond. BUT........ the mercy rule went into effect after the fifth inning...we were down by more than 10 runs and well that was all she wrote!

Both my hits were singles and I didn't get any support from the hitters behind me and was LOB (left on base) as each inning ended.

The other team cranked two HR (home runs) over the fence. 285 yards was posted on the fence in dead center but this one dude hit it over by a mile...well it seemed like a mile. I couldn't tell where it landed as the thick brush obstructed my view for the first HR. For the second, as soon as it left his bat I didn't even move....I watched as it travelled 20 feet above my head....not even worth looking to see where it landed. And that look on my face said it all.

Man do I hate losing. I A-B-S-O-L-T-E-L-Y H-A-T-E I-T

Next week we are off for Memorial Day, but come June 2 I will be ready for a new beginning!

No comments: