23.3.08

Rock Band

My mom signed me up to play the clarinet in 4th and 5th grade. I was really, really pathetic. No rhythm, no beat and definitely no soul. I just sucked at it. Whenever there was a concert performance for the parents, the instructor asked that my parents keep me home. I am glad he did, as I would have ruined the whole concert, not by just playing of beat, but I probably would have clumsily knocked over all the music stands and taken a few my fellow musicians down with me. But I never let that bad experience sway me away from wanting to become a musician...and I always imagined being in heavy metal band rocking and rolling while the mosh pit in front of me went crazy with lunatics. I was definitely born to rock and roll! Don't tell me you you've never played the air guitar or imagined your pencils as drum sticks and hit a few beats on you desk!

I never picked up another instrument since my beloved clarinet, that is until this past weekend. I got to play both the drums and guitar....and hot damn I was playing with the best of the best, rocking and rolling and even becoming the lead singer for Nirvana!! Can you imagine?!?!?! Too bad it was in my basement...and the only one enjoying it was me. My band mates booed me and XBOX threatened to self destruct, if I didn't stop right then and there.

If you haven't played RockBand, you seriously have been missing out. What a swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttt game. Here are some pictures of last Saturday night when we "Rocked da house"! "We" is used here to me everyone else except me...they told me I could be the manager and promoter, a role I happily accepted after seeing myself on camera.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll have to pay you a visit, I'm sure you need another guitarist. :D

Anonymous said...

LOL! wow Faf, thats pretty bad. Have you tried karoke!?! lol fun! And I loved the last pic of the lighter.

YFA said...

jasimd, yalla come on over! We'll rock!

Batoul, I don't drink, so karoke you inquire about. Nope. Never. You couldn't pay me to.

Anonymous said...

drink?! you have to drink to karoke?

YFA said...

That is the only way I would dare get on the stage, and seeing as I don't drink ain't never going to happen.

Although, I must admit I did do it a party at a friends house. His theater room was perfectly set up and the peer pressure was just more than I could handle....especially since my boss was there! LOL